II Corinthians 12:9-10

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities... for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
II Corinthians 12:9-10

Friday, March 11, 2011

Tomorrow's Forecast...

100% chance of rain. I can feel it. Literally.

I mentioned this fact briefly in another post. But this is something that I didn't know about before my surgery. It's nothing life-changing, but it takes getting used to. Any time there is a fairly fast weather change, or rain is coming, etc., I get pretty sore. Once in a while it will seem pretty intense, but I think if I didn't have to sit through classes all day, it wouldn't be quite as bad.

Through experimentation, I have found some things that help ease the pain. For starters, if it's possible, lying down usually helps a lot. If it doesn't, try sticking a pillow under the spot that hurts. Also, showers actually relieve a lot of my back pain. So if you want to take 3 or 4 showers a day, I suppose you could. And then heating pads. When living with back problems, a heating pad is a must. You can also get these really convenient heat patches that you can stick on your back that last for about 8 hours. They are absolutely wonderful, and depending on what you like, IcyHot will give you more of the ice-pack feeling, while others are heat only (which is what I usually prefer).

Yes, it's something you will live with for the rest of your life. But compared to the pain and problems you could be having had you not had this surgery, I would say it's probably worth it. It simply makes you appreciate the sunny days more than you used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment