During this new year of 2014, I'm taking the challenge of our school's music faculty phrase, "getting better every day." I want to take active steps to keep improving physically, mentally, musically, and so many other areas.
Reflecting on this past year, here are some of the biggest things God has accomplished in my life:
1. Got to meet a girl who contacted me through my blog.
2. Survived student teaching! :)
3. Raised about $600 by hosting a fundraising concert for Ronald McDonald House Charities.
4. Graduated from college with a degree in Music Education.
5. Spent all summer counseling at a camp in North Carolina (which included some very rigorous activities for having two rods in your back!).
6. Got a job teaching music and coaching volleyball and cheerleading-- and loving it!
7. Went with our school's band/choir to play/sing Christmas music at Shriners Hospitals for Children (the same one where I had surgery!).
And here are some of my scoliosis-related New Year's resolutions for 2014:
1. Start a scoliosis support chapter this summer in the Chicago area.
2. Host my third fundraising concert for Ronald McDonald House Charities.
3. Host a fundraising volleyball tournament at my school for Shriners Hospitals for Children.
4. Update my YouTube video so others can see what things are like 4 years after surgery.
5. And any other schemes I come up with as the year goes on!
So what are YOU going to do with the time God has given us? We don't have long, so take some active steps to make a difference-- no matter how small!
2013 RMHC fundraising concert
Met Laura, who was having a spinal fusion the next day in SC
SCS trip to Shriners Hospitals for Children
Counseling at The Wilds
Playing games in the mud at The Wilds
Going tubing at The Wilds
Playing paintball at The Wilds
Hiking to the falls at The Wilds