II Corinthians 12:9-10

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities... for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
II Corinthians 12:9-10

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Back to School

When the time comes to go back to school, there are a few things you can try out to make the transition as easy as possible. Here are some ideas:

~ Schedule your surgery during the summer. That's a good start. But if that's not possible, then keep reading.

~ Keep an extra set of books at home. You most likely won't be able to carry them back and forth.

~ Leave class a few minutes early. This will help you avoid getting bumped in the hallway.

~ Let your teacher know if you can't sit any longer. There were a few times when I first returned to school that I just couldn't handle sitting that long. But my teachers and principle were so understanding, and they let me go lie down when I needed to.

~ Don't be embarrassed to bring pillows. I brought two for a little while, a big one and a small one. Let's face it. Chairs at school are never comfortable, but after major back surgery, you don't want to deal with that.

I was a little nervous about going back to school at first, but honestly, it really helped me. Seeing people everyday took my mind off the pain. And I was hitting the books again before I knew it. Of course, going back too early can make you pretty stressed. I felt that way, especially with trig and government. You have to understand that when you go back, you then have to try to keep up with all the work and recover at the same time. But once you're ready, you'll know, and you will have reached another exciting step of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment