II Corinthians 12:9-10

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities... for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
II Corinthians 12:9-10

Friday, February 11, 2011

One Year Later!

November 17, 2010: One year later.

It is incredible for me to look back over this last year and see how far I've come.

I have to say, today I was in an especially good mood. A year ago, I was going into and coming out of surgery. Today, I'm basically healed and having a great time at college.

Someone challenged me to keep my hospital bracelet on for a year. And because I can't turn down a challenge, I wanted to try. And I did. It had an orange plastic covering around it, so it held up pretty well (until near the end when I had to start taping it). People tell me that's gross, but if you think about it, it got washed 43 times a day when I would wash my hands. So it's not. That day I celebrated by cutting off my hospital bracelet.


 
Friends back at home celebrated too. I was surprised to see pictures of my old schoolmates wearing orange bands around their wrists.

I was once again reminded of God's grace in my life. I truly have a lot to be thankful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment