II Corinthians 12:9-10

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities... for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
II Corinthians 12:9-10

Friday, February 11, 2011

The Hand Behind It All

I'm going to tell you the best advice I could ever give you about this surgery... about how I really got through it... about how it's possible to have such joy, despite physical hardships.

Music and sports were basically everything to me. It's what I did, what I thought about, what I loved. I had plans and dreams. I was planning on competing in a concerto competition, I wanted to join a volleyball league, there were other competitions I was planning on being a part of, and the list goes on. When I found out about my need for surgery, none of those things were going to happen anymore.

If you think about it, what will your life consist of if the things you love and live for are taken away? Would you have any reason at all to be happy? I realized that nothing- absolutely nothing- on earth satisfies. But there is one who does.

God loves me. He loves you, too. In fact, He loves us so much that He gave His only Son to die for us. We are human, and humans do wrong. We all know that punishment is associated with doing wrong. Since we have all done wrong at some point in life, we deserve to go to hell. Why? Because God is perfect and holy. He doesn't tolerate sin. But this is the awesome part. Jesus Christ died as our substitute, so that we can be right with God and live with Him forever in heaven some day. He not only died for us, but He rose again! He has power over death, and He has the power to save us from our sinful nature and our destiny of hell. It's simply up to you to choose whether you will accept His free gift of love and put your trust in Him.

As for me, I have made that decision to turn from my sin and to God. And I know that no matter what happens in life, He is always with me to comfort me, give me peace, and give me joy that nothing else can offer. I know for sure that when I die, I will live for all eternity with God in heaven. And that gives me hope, and a reason to live- and it can for you too!

God is so good. What I used to view as a physical weakness, I now see as a gift from God. He gave me peace before surgery, safety during it, and strength after it. He chose me to be born with scoliosis, and for that, I am so grateful! In my weakness, He is strong.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, In our weakness He is strong! Thanks for your encouraging words. Such a testimony to our great God! ~April

    ReplyDelete