II Corinthians 12:9-10

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities... for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
II Corinthians 12:9-10

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 6: Going Home!

Sunday, November 22, 2009:

Today was the day! It was an exciting morning. I was wheeled downstairs to find an RV waiting outside for me. Some friends of ours let us borrow it for the ride home- definitely the best thing I could have ridden in for the three hour drive! And better yet, my sister was there waiting for me. I slept on a very comfortable bed with tons of pillows the entire ride home. I have heard from several people that the ride home is extremely painful, but thanks to our friends, I slept through the whole thing!

When I got home, it was amazing to see how much I improved from then on. It was different, because I didn't have all the nurses constantly around checking my vitals and making sure everything was right. But my parents and sister did a great job of being there for me and helping me out. My first visitors showed up that night after church- my French teacher and his wife. It was so nice to see other people I knew again! (I felt like I had been gone forever.)

We kept a hospital bed in the living room, along with a reclining chair, so I didn't have to try going up all the stairs to get to my room. Soon the shelves became full of cards, flowers, and Snoopy gifts.


The day flew by, and it was so good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment