II Corinthians 12:9-10

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities... for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
II Corinthians 12:9-10

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 3: One Step at a Time

Thursday, November 19, 2009:

Today was somewhat better. First of all, you automatically feel better in your own clothes, opposed to a gown. Also, I had a few of the 8 tubes taken out! No more getting tangled up every time I rolled over. I had a breathing tube, two IV's in each hand, a tube in my neck (I have no idea why), and a drain in my back (and a catheter, of course). Then, on top of all that, I got to walk for the first time!

I was wheeled out to the hallway, where all the passing nurses would cheer me on. Then I stood up, and took slow baby steps.
Just remember. It doesn't all happen at once. You have to be very patient with your recovery and take it one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment