II Corinthians 12:9-10

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities... for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
II Corinthians 12:9-10

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pack Your Bags!

Here are some ideas of things you might want to bring to the hospital for the week of surgery.

1. Clothes

~It doesn't matter what the weather is like. It's a good idea to bring both warm clothes and cooler outfits. You never know how you will be feeling.

~Bring shirts that either stretch easily over your head or button/zip up the front. Tank tops worked the best for me.

~Get gripper socks. If you don't have any, the hospital will probably give you a pair.

2. Distractions

~music/movies

~possibly a laptop. You most likely won't be conscious enough to use it, and even if you are, you probably won't feel up to it. But you never know.

~anything you haven't seen or heard already. New things will keep your attention longer. For example, my sister put together a video for me of my classmates and friends and wouldn't let me watch it until after surgery. It was a combination of friends giving encouraging words and imitating me passing out. I thought it was hilarious, and it definitely helped take my mind off the pain... that is, until I realized how painful it was to laugh.

3. Toiletries

~Don't forget the little things like shampoo, soap, a toothbrush, etc. for the night before.

4. Pillows (and lots of them)

~The hospital will have enough for you during your stay, but you will definitely need them for the ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment