II Corinthians 12:9-10

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities... for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
II Corinthians 12:9-10

Monday, April 4, 2011

Titanium Girl

If I had a superhero name, that's what it would be. When I heard people say that I was going to have two metal rods screwed into my spine, I had no idea what to expect. Even a while after surgery, I had no idea how thick or bendable they would be. Someone at our church works with the type of rods that were put in my back, so he let me have one. I was surprised to see how thin they were, and how sturdy and "unflexible," as well!



I sometimes wonder what color mine is. But I guess since I can't see it, it doesn't really matter.

People ask me if I have to get them taken out, but these rods are in for good. They are a part of me now, literally. And it would be completely counterproductive to take them out. But hey, how many other people can say that they have two 18-inch titanium rods screwed into their spine with 18 screws? Not the average teenager, that's for sure. And who wants to be average?

2 comments:

  1. You are really brave!
    It must have been kinda scary.
    how did it fell at first?
    Cool background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Coral,

    Thanks so much, but I couldn't have done it without God's grace! I was definitely scared, but God gave me peace. It felt very strange at first. I was so out of it that I didn't feel much pain at all until the next day. So I guess the best way to describe it is just plain strange. :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete