II Corinthians 12:9-10

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities... for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
II Corinthians 12:9-10

Friday, February 4, 2011

A Crooked Individual



I was born with scoliosis, a curvature of the spine. But scoliosis does not control my life. It simply doesn't have to. So I'm going to tell you a little bit about who I am, regardless of how crooked my spine is.

I was also born a military brat, and that has brought with it some great experiences, including living near Washington, D.C. Most of my years in school took place at a Christian school, although I did home school for five years.

*My family at my Dad's return from Iraq


*My sister (Emily) and me
Music has been my passion since 3rd grade. Piano, organ, clarinet, and flute are the four main instruments I play, and with my music eduation major, I'm working on percussion, trombone, and oboe, as well (with more to come!). Sports have also been a favorite hobby of mine. If I wasn't playing volleyball, I was probably thinking about it. I love the Peanuts comics and Pink Panther cartoons. My favorite foods are PopTarts, pancakes, and peanutbutter and goulash sandwiches. (Yes, the peanutbutter and goulash go on the same sandwich.)

I love animals. I have two dogs, Chloe and Kara. They are Bichon Frises. 
All this to say, I love having fun and making great memories through different experiences. Many people think that scoliosis is a curse that only they understand and have to go through. Well, it's not. In fact, I love my scoliosis! Although it doesn't control me, in a way it defines me. So when you feel like life has thrown you a curve... brace yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment